Friday, April 13, 2012

-One Hundred And Twenty Two- Grace From The Denied

Grace from the Denied
Today’s Readings: Luke 22:54-62 and John 21:15-17
Focal Verse: John 21:17b 
Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep.”

I love it when my husband, introducing me, says, “This is my wife, Penny.”  It shows he wants to be identified with me.
We love to be identified with groups.  We like to be identified as being part of a church, school, club, team or workplace.
Sometimes, though, you are around someone you thought you knew well. Maybe you are in a different setting with different people and they ignore you.  That hurts.
Jesus loved Peter.  Even though he knew what would happen in advance, it must have hurt Him when Peter denied Him…not once, not twice, but three times.  I imagine that if most of us had a friend who denied us three times, we would cut our losses and move on to someone else.
But Jesus gives more grace.  He restored the relationship with Peter and reassured him that he still had a place in the kingdom.
Even when we fall hard, like Peter did, Jesus will restore the relationship.  He will reassure you that you still have a place in the kingdom.
Grace gives yet another chance.

Do you identify yourself with Christ?
If not, ask why.  Settle it with God now.

No comments:

Post a Comment