Wednesday, September 14, 2011

-Thirty Two- Not Performance, But Grace

Not Performance, But Grace

Today’s Reading and Focal Verse: Joshua 24:13
“I have given you a land for which you did not labor, and cities which you did not build, and you dwell in them; you eat of the vineyards and olive groves which you did not plant.”

I remember one Christmas when my husband surprised me by buying me an emerald ring. I hadn’t done anything special that year and I hadn’t even asked for it. He just wanted to show me that he loved me.

Sometimes God just wants to show us that He loves us. We didn’t make the earth. He did, and then handed it to us for our benefit. We cannot manufacture a child, yet He blesses many with children. I know those who don’t take any special care of themselves, yet they live long lives. The list could go on and on, but the fact is we didn’t earn these gifts from God. Sometimes He just reaches out in love and grace to give us a blessing.

Meditate on and praise God for the things He has graciously given you.

No comments:

Post a Comment