Friday, September 9, 2011

-Thirty- Who Is In Charge?

Who is In Charge?

Today’s Reading: Joshua 5:13-15
Focal Verse: Joshua 5:14b
“…as Commander of the army of the LORD I have now come.”


I have faced many battles in my life and will face many more, but the hardest ones have been those involving my children. One in particular involved my son. For a year and a half, he hardly left home. I prayed continuously for healing. As I drew close to God, He showed me what I should be praying for – that my son would make things right with God. I had to release my son into God’s hands for God to fight the battle for my son’s heart in whatever way He chose.

It was a difficult time in many ways, but it was also a time of incredible peace. I didn’t have to fight the battle. The battle was the Lord’s. I just had to allow Him to be Commander.

Before Jesus Christ was born in human form, He came to Joshua to show him Who was in control of the victory the Israelites were about to enjoy. As Joshua realized who this visitor was, he obeyed Him in worship.

As believers, God never intended for us to battle life on our own. He graciously offers Himself to lead in our battles. We just have to move over and allow Him to take His rightful place as the Commander of the army of the LORD.

Are there any battles raging in your life that you need to give over to the Commander?

No comments:

Post a Comment