Monday, November 7, 2011

-Fifty Four- The Life Preserver

The Life Preserver
Today’s Reading: 2 Samuel 8:6b; 2 Samuel 8:14b; 1 Chronicles 18:66
Focal Verse: 2 Samuel 8:6b
So the LORD preserved David wherever he went.


There is one aspect of God’s grace that I think many times we overlook. That is God’s preservation of our life. He is, first of all, the Giver of Life (Acts 17:25). He then, in His grace, preserves our lives.

So many times we say that we have been “lucky” or had a “narrow escape”.  What the record could also say is “the LORD preserved (insert your name) wherever he/she went”. We thank “our lucky stars” when who we should thank is the God of all creation.

“Who have been upheld by Me from birth,
Who have been carried from the womb;
Even to your old age, I am He,
And even to gray hairs I will carry you!
I have made, and I will bear;
Even I will carry, and will deliver you.”
Isaiah 46:3b and 4
Thank you, Lord, for preserving my life. Help me not take it for granted even a single day.

Consider this: How does realizing that God is your Life Preserver change how you feel about, and live, this life?

No comments:

Post a Comment