Monday, December 26, 2011

-Seventy Five- Can I Ask A Question?

Can I Ask a Question?
Today’s Reading: Habbakuk
Focal Verses: Isaiah 55:8-9
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways”, says the LORD.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.”

You cannot understand all the workings of God.  No matter how brilliant you may be, your understanding doesn’t even begin to measure up to God’s.
We are human and sometimes this frustrates us.  Sometimes we question in our own minds and hearts the wisdom of what God is doing.
Habbakuk grew frustrated and he questioned God.  He was honestly seeking some answers and he stayed around to hear God’s answers.
Do you remember asking a parent or another authority “why?” at times and hearing the response “Because I told you so?”  God had the right to say to Habbakuk, “Because I told you so” and leave it at that.  Instead, in His grace, He patiently tried to reassure Habbakuk that He was in control.
Because of God’s gracious words, Habbakuk’s faith was increased to be able to look beyond circumstances, and this what he says:
Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls-
Yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.
The LORD God is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer’s feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills.
Habbakuk 3:17-19

**The Lord has an answer book for you – the Bible.  Let Him patiently guide you through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment