Monday, January 30, 2012

-Ninety- Whoever

Whoever
Today’s Reading and Focal Verse: Joel 2:32
“And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”

Anyone who knows me at all knows I am not an athlete.  When I was in elementary school physical education, I was always one of the last 3 people picked.  Maybe it had to do with the fact that in softball, instead of catching a ball coming towards me, I would cover my glasses and face instead.  Anyway, I knew the pain of not being wanted.
Many of you do.  Maybe it was a parent, a spouse, a boyfriend or girlfriend, a co-worker, or schoolmate, who made you feel that way, but few of us were untouched by that pain.
There are no “last picks” in God’s kingdom.  There are no “not wanted” or “no need to apply” signs (Luke 91:9-10).  That magical word – whoever, whoever, calls on His name will be saved.

Do you treat all people like “whoever”?

No comments:

Post a Comment