Monday, January 2, 2012

-Seventy Eight- Grasshoppers

Grasshoppers
Today’s Reading and Focal Verse: Isaiah 40:22a
It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers.

Did you know that grasshoppers can be found almost everywhere on the earth except the North and South Poles?  They are so prolific that if I walk in my yard on a summer day, with almost every step, some type of grasshopper jumps up.
At first glance, this verse might make you feel unimportant, but look at it again.  Yes, I do see the comparison of the awesome, mighty Creator and the multitudes of common inhabitants, but that is part of the wonder of our relationship with God.  With so many seemingly insignificant creatures, why does He care about and want a relationship with me?
Psalm 71:6 says:
By You I have been upheld from birth;
You are He who took me out of my mother’s womb.
My praise shall be continually of you.

The awesome, mighty Creator who sits above the circle of the earth cares about each “grasshopper”.  Other “gods” require you to prove yourself.  The one true God takes us as we are.

Spend time praising God that you are not insignificant in His eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment