Monday, October 17, 2011

-Forty Five- Abigail

Abigail
Today’s Reading: 1 Samuel 25:2-42
Focal Verse: Samuel 25:41
The she arose, bowed her face to the earth, and said, “Here is your maidservant, a servant to wash the feet of the servants of my lord.”

God knows what your circumstances are. You may feel at times as if He has forgotten you, but He has not.

I wonder how Abigail felt. It must have been disheartening for her to be married to such a harsh, foolish man. I wonder if she ever doubted God’s love.

God saw Abigail. He knew her circumstances. At the right time, He delivered her. He not only delivered her from a bad marriage, but He delivered her to marriage with a king.

Abigail knew she didn’t deserve His grace. She expresses her humility in her answer to David’s servants:

“Here is your maidservant, a servant to wash the feet of the servants of my lord.”

We don’t deserve God’s grace either, but He longs to give it anyway.

Psalm 18:19
He also brought me out into a broad place;
He delivered me because He delighted in me.

**Pour your heart out to Him about any bad circumstances you may be in. Trust Him to deliver you in His perfect timing and in His perfect way.**

No comments:

Post a Comment