Wednesday, October 19, 2011

-Forty Six- Mercy In The Consequences Of Sin


Mercy in the Consequences of Sin

Today’s Reading and Focal Verses:
Psalm 31:9-10
Have mercy on me, O LORD, for I am in trouble;
My eye wastes away with grief,
Yes, my soul and my body!
For my life is spent with grief,
And my years with sighing;
My strength fails because of my iniquity,
And my bones waste away.
Psalm 40:12
For innumerable evils have surrounded me;
My iniquities have overtaken me,
So that I am not able to look up;
They are more than the hairs of my head;
Therefore my heart fails me.

Grace doesn’t end when we sin.

We all know the horrible sense of guilt and failure when we really blow it. Even though repentance brings forgiveness, sin has consequences and sometimes those consequences can seem devastating to ourselves and to those we love. David has expressed perfectly how I have felt in these times.

Even in the times of discipline from the consequences of his sin, David knew to call on God’s mercy. It is God’s mercy that can bring us fruit, even from the consequences of sin if we are willing to be “trained by it”.

Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:11


 

**If you are in the midst of the consequences from your sin:
1. Repent of the sin if you haven’t already done so.
2. Cry out for mercy from God.
3. Trust that submission to His chastening will bring joy and peace in the end.**

No comments:

Post a Comment