Friday, October 7, 2011

-Forty Two- Fleeing From The King

Fleeing From the King
Today’s Reading: 1 Samuel 21 and 1 Samuel 22:5
Focal Verse: Psalm 34:4-5
Oh, magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together. I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

The anointed king, on the run from the reigning king. I wonder if David ever questioned whether Samuel got it right when he anointed him as king?  But God did not leave David to face this trial alone.

He met David’s needs. He gave him food (1 Samuel 21:3-6), a sword (1 Samuel 21:8-9), wisdom (1 Samuel 21:10-15), and an army (1 Samuel 22:2). In His grace, God showed David he was not alone in this battle and the Lord was still in command.

God still gives grace to His people. He gives us all we need to do His calling and to fight the battles that rage against us. We can rejoice, just as David did:

Oh, magnify the LORD with me,
And let us exalt His name together.
I sought the LORD, and He heard me,
And delivered me from all my fears.


 

**Seek the Lord.**

No comments:

Post a Comment