Monday, March 12, 2012

-One Hundred And Eight- Grace That Allows My Faith To Sink

Grace that Allows My Faith to Sink
Today’s Reading: Matthew 14:22-33
Focal Verse: Matthew 14:30
But when he saw that the wind was boisterous he was afraid: and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, “Lord, save me!”

Sometimes I feel really dense.  God will do something miraculous in my life or the life of someone I love.  I will be so full of faith and confidence in the Lord. Then a new “storm” hits.  It’s as if I have forgotten who God is and how mighty His power is.  I try to walk confidently, but as I stumble, I cry out to Jesus.
God graciously shows me the areas where my faith is weak.  He could just go on letting me think my faith is full-grown, but He wants me to know Him.  He wants me to understand His love and truly trust Him.
So sometimes, He allows my faith to sink…and then He pulls me up.

Sometimes our guilt and sense of foolishness when we stumble makes us turn away from God.  Cry out to Him.  He will pull you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment