Monday, March 5, 2012

-One Hundred And Five- Grace Where There Was None

Grace Where There Was None
Today’s Reading: John 5:1-8
Focal Verse: John 5:7
The sick man answered Him, “Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up; but while I am coming, another steps down before me.”

It horrifies me when I read this.  I think about this poor man who didn’t have anyone to help him get in the pool.  I think, “Couldn’t someone have helped him?”
In our world of busyness and self-centeredness, there are people, just like this man, who have no one to help them.  There are sick people, elderly people, shut-ins, disabled people, homeless people, mentally ill people, etc., who have no one to help them.  No one to take a moment to fix a meal, clean a house, shop for groceries, take them to the doctor, just sit and listen…tell them about Jesus.
Jesus looked upon a man who had received no grace from this world and reached out to him in grace.  As His disciples, shouldn’t we do the same?

1 John 2:6 says, “He who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk just as He walked.”  Seek an opportunity to give grace to someone who needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment