Friday, March 2, 2012

-One Hundred And Four- Grace That Is Personal

Grace that is Personal
Today’s Reading: Mark 5:25-34
Focal Verse: Mark 5:30b 
“Who touched My clothes?”

There are some people who just naturally stand out in a crowd.  They may be beautiful, or extra-tall or even very strange, but you just can’t help but notice them.  And then, there are the rest of us: average looks, average size – just average.
Growing up, I felt “lost in the crowd” in my family.  My parents and two older sisters were very intelligent and seemed, to me, to succeed at everything they did.  I developed a love for singing because it was something that would distinguish me from my sisters.
Many today in the church are trying to distinguish themselves before Christ.  They feel like other believers have it all together, know more, and the list goes on.  The fact is, each of us stands out in the crowd with Jesus.  The woman in need of healing amidst the multitudes pressing against Jesus was just an ordinary person.  But something extraordinary happened when she reached for Jesus and touched His robe.  He reached out.  She wasn’t ordinary to Jesus.  She was an object of His love and grace

No matter how you feel at work, church, school or home, you are special to Jesus.  Let Him know how special He is to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment