Monday, August 8, 2011

-Sixteen- A Very Special Baby

A Very Special Baby
Today’s Reading: Exodus 1:15-22 & 2:1-10
Focal Verse: Exodus 2:6
And when she opened it, she saw the child, and behold, the baby wept. So she had compassion on him, and said, “This is one of the Hebrew’s children.”

I remember when I held my babies in my arms. I knew I had received such a miraculous gift from God. I also knew I would do whatever I could to protect them from harm.

Moses was loved like that. His parents did the best they could to protect him by placing him in a basket on the river. I’m sure they agonized over doing such a thing, but his fate otherwise would certainly be death. They had to place him in the hands of God.

Who was this child, this baby in a basket, that God should show favor by lifting him out of the water through the hands of Pharoah’s daughter? He was the same man who “looked this way and that” and then killed an Egyptian for beating a Hebrew slave (Exodus 2:12). He is also the same man, who in Exodus 4:1-17 argued persistently with God when God called on him to serve Him. And in Numbers 20:7-12, he is the same one who tried to receive glory that was due God. He wasn’t perfect. He was like most of us.

But he was a child of God, just like we are children of God. God did whatever He needed to do to protect him, and He lifted him up out of that water.

You are a child of God. He loves you in a way you can’t even imagine, and that even your earthly parents could not match. Spend time meditating on that love relationship today.

No comments:

Post a Comment